POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Finish Map : Re: Finish Map Server Time
6 Aug 2024 12:25:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Finish Map
From: Hugo
Date: 23 Mar 2002 06:06:41
Message: <3c9c61c1@news.povray.org>
> Is it possible to make a finish map? As in make certain parts of an object
> have one finish and other parts have a different finish using an image?
> Something like a material map but ONLY for the finishes? If I used a
> material map there would be lots of overlap in the textures.

Hmm, why overlap? If you use a material map with reference to 3 textures
with different finishes but all contain the same pigment and normals, why
would this be a problem?

Btw, I've found a better way to make such maps: Put your image into a
function! From there you can evaluate the function and have it refer to all
the texture you want. The big advantages of this is that you can blend
between textures, and you don't have to use gif as input... I think soon
material maps will only stay in Povray for compatibility with old scenes.

Regards,
Hugo